close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Interweave Fall 2016

That beautiful Harvey Pullover (below) that I showed you on Monday is just the tip of the iceberg in the new Interweave Knits. There are so many great designs! I hope you guys find some inspiration in this issue, too. I kind of feel like someone pulled these sweater designs out of my brain.
The El Greco Pullover is worked up in Harrisville WATERshed. We have a nice stock of this fabulously crunchy yarn, plenty for sweaters. 
The Botero Pullover looks cozy. Knit with a fingering weight, the final sweater would be warm without being heavy. The turtleneck is split, making it lay so nicely.
I love the all-over lace pattern on the Calder Pullover. Such beautiful lines on this one.
I think the Hirst Pullover might be my favorite. Saddle shoulders get me every time, and that textured stitch looks interesting without being too difficult to execute.
The Comanche Hill Cardigan is a cool, modern take on the Cowichan sweater tradition. Those Swans Island shades really add depth and interest to the simple shapes and lines.
The Rawah Pullover, with its diagonal lice stitch, is worked up in Cumbria Worsted. Such a gorgeous yarn.
Look at the cables on the Neota Cardigan. So classic in a worsted weight yarn. That would be an heirloom sweater, for sure.
This issue has a few nice men's items, too. Love the Azure Lake Sweater and the Fall River Vest, both worked in a light and lofty fingering weight Shetland wool.

And socks! I'm not a big sock knitter, but these are great. The all-over pattern on the Bandelier Socks is classic and fun.
But these cute Thompson River Socks are so good. Thick yarn makes for cozy house socks. Pretty much the perfect thing.
I am feeling inspired to knit for fall and winter! I know summer is creeping up again, but I can dream about the cold days off in the distance. What are you going to make?

No comments:

Post a Comment